Dallas Cowboys/Blue jerseys in 1994 and 1995

Question
Excellent information in your past questions. Do you know if the Cowboys wore blue jersey (either double-star or standard) in any of the pre-season games in 1994 or 1995? I think I have the regular season and playoffs pinned down, but can't find photos of preseason games. I'm trying to determine whether a "game used" jersey really is. Thanks for any help.

Answer
Hello Brian,

Sorry for the delay as I was trying to research your question.  Unfortunately, finding any photos of Dallas Cowboys preseason games, especially games played nearly 20 years ago, proved quite daunting.  I was only able to answer your question for one 1994 preseason game against the Houston Oilers and confirmed two of your answers on the July and August 1995 Buffalo Bills game.  I'm not exactly sure how you worked your magic to find out the 1995 Houston Oiler game.  Personally, if memory serves me correctly, the Cowboys introduced the white "Double-Star" jersey on Thanksgiving Day 1994 against the Green Bay Packers.  So that should rule out them wearing them in the 1994 Preseason.

I have two photos from the 1995 preseason (one of Bill Bates and a group of Cowboys running in what looks like a Special Teams return and the other of Emmitt Smith and rookie Shermin Williams sitting on the bench together) where the Cowboys wore the white "Double-Star" jersey, but unfortunately the photos are just of the players and there are no opponents in the picture.  My reasoning that those were taken in 1995 were because:

A.) The Cowboys did not wear the white "Double-Star" jersey during the 1995 regular season
B.) There was no NFL 75th patch on the jersey which was only used during the 1994 season
c.) The Cowboys started wearing solid color socks with their uniforms in the 1995 season (they wore their navy striped socks with the white "Double-Star" in 1994)  

The photo of Bill Bates appears to be on grass so it had to be an away game (because Texas Stadium had artificial astroturf surface).  Could be the Denver Broncos game at Mile High Stadium?  

The photo of Emmitt sitting on the bench appears to be a sideline bench at Texas Stadium (especially the way the lighting is in the photo).  Could be the Bills or maybe the Oakland Raiders game?

I do not believe they wore the navy "Double-Star" at all during the preseason and they first debuted it in the 1995 October game at the Redskins.  

Here are the lists of Preseason games played in the 1994 and 1995 seasons.

1994

07/31/1994          Minnesota Vikings - ?          
08/07/1994          Los Angeles Raiders - ?          
08/15/1994          @ Houston Oilers - White jersey          
08/21/1994          Denver Broncos     - ?          
08/25/1994          @ New Orleans Saints  - ?   

1995

07/29/1995          Buffalo Bills - White "Double-Star"   
08/05/1995          Oakland Raiders - ? - White "Double-Star"?    
08/12/1995          Buffalo Bills - Navy jersey   
08/21/1995          @ Denver Broncos - ? White "Double-Star"?
08/26/1995          @ Houston Oiler - Navy jersey

Sorry I wasn't much help.  It seems not a lot of media concerns or reference photos are taken during the preseason which can make it very hard to research.  Good luck with your search but I hope I was able to help somewhat.  Thanks for asking!!

Duke
DukeQHa@yahoo.com  

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha