Dallas Cowboys/COWBOYS JERSEY

Question
WAS GIVEN A FOOTBALL JERSEY IN AN INHERITANCE AND WONDER HOW TO AUTHENTICATE IT. IT IS DALLAS COWBOYS, E. SMITH, 22. ALSO HAS NFL PATCH WITH 75 ON UPPER LEFT SIDE AND SMALL NFL PATCH AT THE V ON THE NECK. MANUFACTURE APEX ONE, L, ASSEMBLED IN EL SALVADOR, 100% NYLON. MY DECEASED FRIEND GOT IT FROM SMITH WHEN HE WAS AT A PROMOTIONAL FOR DISADVANTAGED YOUTH, FROM SMITH, HE SAID.  WAS THIS ACTUALLY WORN BY THE PLAYER AT A REAL GAME, NO VISIBLE AUTOGRAPH. IF IT IS REAL I WANT TO SELL TO A COLLECTOR AND DONATE THE FUNDS TO CHARITY IN HIS NAME, WHICH HE WOULD APPROVE OF.

Answer
1994 Apex One Emmitt white "Double-Star"
1994 Apex One Emmitt w  
Hello Robert,

My sincere condolences to you in regards to your friend.  You must have been very special to him for him have to passed down such a special gift.  I admire what you will do with the proceeds and I am sure your friend would have as well.  To answer your question, what it sounds like you have is an authentic Dallas Cowboys "Double-Star" jersey manufactured around the 1994 season.  This unfortunately sounds like a regular jersey available to the public and could not have been worn by Emmitt Smith the player himself mainly because you said the size was a "Large".  Game worn jerseys usually use numbered sizing.  Now depending on the manufacturer it usually goes something like (44=Large, 48=XL, 52=XXL etc.)

But have no fear as your jersey still has significant value.  How much?  That I don't know because, how do you put a price on such things?  Without any photos, I am not sure if you possess the white or the navy "Double-Star" jersey.

The white "Double-Star" has:
- white torso/body and sleeve numbers
- royal blue sleeves, numbers, name, and stars on shoulder

The navy or blue "Double-Star" has:
- blue torso/body and sleeve numbers
- white sleeves, numbers, name, and stars on shoulder

But just know that Apex One was the official manufacturer for the Dallas Cowboys during the 1994 season that they wore the white "Double-Star" jersey.  Apex One went out of business prior to the start of the 1995 regular season and the team wore the navy "Double-Star" for two games with no manufacturer logos. Which one is more valuable?  Hard to say and it really is in the eye of the beholder.  My personal opinion is I think the white "Double-Star" is by far more rare and sought after.  Especially if it was made by the original manufacturer, Apex One.   It was this jersey that was worn when the Cowboys lost to San Francisco in the 1995 NFC Championship game and failed to 3-Peat Superbowls.  The team has not worn the jersey since then (unless you count the following 1995 Pre-Season, which I am not).  The navy "Double-Star" was resurrected three more times on Thanksgiving from 2001-2003 and was made by Reebok by then.  But because of this, it is more easily more attainable.

If you search Ebay, you'll probably notice more white "Double-Star" fakes than navy ones. So I guess you'll have to be the judge on how much you think it's worth.  

I am attaching a photo from my own personal collection of my authentic Apex One Emmitt Smith white "Double-Star" in a size Large.  If I am correct, you possess the very same thing.

I hope that helped and good luck with everything.  

Take care and thanks for asking!!

Duke
DukeQHa@yahoo.com

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha