Dallas Cowboys/Deion Sanders 1998

Question
Hi there - happy holidays.
Question - I have a 1998 blue doublestar jersey rumored to have been worn by Deion Sanders. It is tagged 98-44 in the collar. Anyway, it appears that the only regular season game where that jersey was worn was in October at Washington but I cant quite match up the pictures. So, I am curious if you know whether the Cowboys wore that style of jersey (or specifically whether Deion did) any other time that year including the preseason? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Cowboys 1995 navy "Double-Star" jersey
Cowboys 1995 navy "Dou  

Cowboys current navy jersey
Cowboys current navy j  
Hello again Matt and thank you agin for your understanding!!

Ok now straight to your question.  First off, without any photo for me to see, I am assuming the jersey you're talking about is the navy "Stars N' Stripes" jersey the team currently wears to this day and not the navy "Double-Star" jersey worn twice in 1995 and on Thanksgiving 2001-2003.  There is a common misconception since both jerseys have "Double" stars but one jersey has them placed on the shoulders, while the other (and current) have them placed on the sleeves.  To my knowledge, even the 1960's jerseys with the stars on the shoulders were never called the "Double-Star" jerseys either.  The term "Double-Star" was introduced to those beautiful jerseys the Cowboys donned for certain games in 1994 and 1995.  

Ok, so going back into my memory banks and with some help from older photos, it seems you are correct in that I believe the Cowboys (and Deion) only wore the navy jerseys once during the 1998 regular season and yes, it was on October 4th at the Washington Redskins.  If the jersey you currently have on you does not look anything like the jersey Deion wore that day through archived photos, I honestly can't tell you where it could've possibly come from.  Now not having any association with the Dallas Cowboys organization personally, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't real or a fake.  As a big Deion fan myself, he was known to wear a size 44 jersey several times, but in all of my experience studying the Cowboys uniforms, I have only ever seen Deion wear the navy "Double-Star" jersey once and that was against the Philadelphia Eagles in 1995 in Barry Switzer's famous "4th and one" play.  

I have never seen them wear it for Pre Season games and actually, the 1995 Eagles game was the last time the team wore those jerseys till Thanksgiving 2001 against the Broncos, 2002 against the Redskins, and 2003 against the Dolphins.

I hope that helped but it's rather hard for me to draw a conclusion without any photos.

Thanks again for your understanding!!

~Duke
DukeQHa@gmail.com  

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha