Dallas Cowboys/Apex Game jersey ...

QUESTION: Hello Duke hopefully you can help me out ,out of all the dallas cowboy jersey that they have used I am a Big Fan of the Apex double star jersey .I have some  Replicas  authentic and some game jersey .My question is I have a Leon Lett home double star  game jersey and on the blue sleeves I have the spandex cuff links that are white .But I notice lately I been seen some Apex home double star jersey were the spandex are blue that matches the jersey sleeves .Did they make different style Apex game jersey for the Cowboys or did it depend on the player any help would be great thank you and as Always Go COWBOYS !!!

1995 Emmitt Smith and Sherman Williams
1995 Emmitt Smith and  
1995 Dallas Cowboys Special Teams
1995 Dallas Cowboys Sp  
ANSWER: Hello Richard,

I have to agree that the "Double-Star" jerseys are the best and too bad the team no longer wears them because they look super sharp.  To answer your question, the white "Double-Star" jerseys that have white cuffs were from the 1994 season and the ones that have blue cuffs are from the 1995 Preseason.  The Cowboys did not wear the white "Double-Star" during the 1995 regular season.  So the Leon Lett jersey you own, if it was game issued or used, could have actually been used in the 1994-1995 NFC Championship game against the 49ers which would be fantastic (even though they lost that game) :-(.  

I am enclosing two photos from the 1995 Preseason and the way I know these photos were not taken in 1994 is because

1.) There is no NFL 75th anniversary patch (worn only in the 1994 season)
2.) The socks are solid blue (not striped like in the 1994 season)
3.) The person sitting next to Emmitt on the bench was RB Sherman Williams (#20) who was drafted in 1995.

Hope that helps and thanks for asking!!

~ Duke

QUESTION: This info was a Big  Help one last question when did they use the 75 patch on those throwback jersey did they wear them on all the jersey all year long for the throwback white double star jersey or for a couple of games the patch was added  .As I notice the photo of the dallas special teams photo you sent did not have a 75 patch on there jersey .Have you also seen any of the first style Apex double star white jersey for sale or is it something you don't see to often to buy to even add to a collection due to it being hard to fine . Thank you also for all your help ...

Hello again Richard,

The NFL 75th anniversary patch was used by all teams throughout the entire 1994 season, all the way to Superbowl XXIX between the San Francisco 49ers and San Diego Chargers.  The photo I sent you with the Dallas Cowboys wearing the white "Double-Star" jerseys was taken during the 1995 Preseason and therefore would not have the NFL 75th anniversary patch.  I have only ever seen one of the 1994 version of the 1960's throwback on eBay once.  It is extremely rare but I know a Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop near the location where Texas Stadium use to be, had sold a bunch of them because my cousin purchased one for me several years back.  If you look hard enough, you may find what you seek.  Good luck and thanks again for asking!!

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha

I have extensive knowledge of the 1990's-Present Dallas Cowboys teams. Specifically, team uniforms, equipment, and so forth. I own numerous Cowboys memorabilia and would love to one day write a book on the evolution of the team's uniforms dating back to their inception in 1960. I may not be able to answer most Cowboys questions prior to the 1990's as I was but a youth at the time :-).

I try and make annual trips to see the Dallas Cowboys every season as my parents live about 15 minutes from Cowboys Stadium in the city of Mansfield, Texas. I have a library of various Dallas Cowboy books, football cards, player photos, DVD's and VHS tapes and have also recorded nearly all games from 1998-2007. I am also an artist, so most of my collections such as cards, photos, or memorabilia are not for value, but rather for reference. I appreciate the visual aesthetics of the Dallas Cowboys and the game of football. As a hobby, I occasionally customize and paint McFarlane Dallas Cowboy figures to near exact detail as their live counterparts. I also own several game used items, autographs, and roughly 12-14 authentic jerseys with 3-4 different manufacturers.

Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts, Associates of Arts in Graphic Design, Bachelor of Arts in Studio Arts with emphasis in Illustration. My dream would be, of course, to work for the Dallas Cowboys organization possibly for their marketing and design team. The Dallas Cowboys annual bluebooks and game programs have always interested me.