Dallas Cowboys/Jersey... authentic or not?

I have an Emmitt Smith jersey that all my friends pooled together to give me for my bithday. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but it's navy with a label stitched on the bottom that says Emmitt Smith, Dallas Cowboys and 2003. Is this authentic?

Hi Amber,

I'd love to try and tell you if it's authentic or not, but unfortunately without a visual and just a vague description, there is no possible way.  From what you have told me, I have never seen any Dallas Cowboys jersey with a label stitched with a player name unless it was made by a company called Mitchell and Ness.  A nostalgia company that produces throwbacks of legendary players and team memorabilia.  But I've never seen the Dallas Cowboys produce any jersey with a player name on the label.  Furthermore, know that Emmitt Smith was not a Dallas Cowboy after the 2002 season (the year he broke the All-Time rushing record).  He signed with the Arizona Cardinals for the 2003 and 2004 seasons.  So that should tell you something right there.  Hope that helps and thanks for asking!!

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha

I have extensive knowledge of the 1990's-Present Dallas Cowboys teams. Specifically, team uniforms, equipment, and so forth. I own numerous Cowboys memorabilia and would love to one day write a book on the evolution of the team's uniforms dating back to their inception in 1960. I may not be able to answer most Cowboys questions prior to the 1990's as I was but a youth at the time :-).

I try and make annual trips to see the Dallas Cowboys every season as my parents live about 15 minutes from Cowboys Stadium in the city of Mansfield, Texas. I have a library of various Dallas Cowboy books, football cards, player photos, DVD's and VHS tapes and have also recorded nearly all games from 1998-2007. I am also an artist, so most of my collections such as cards, photos, or memorabilia are not for value, but rather for reference. I appreciate the visual aesthetics of the Dallas Cowboys and the game of football. As a hobby, I occasionally customize and paint McFarlane Dallas Cowboy figures to near exact detail as their live counterparts. I also own several game used items, autographs, and roughly 12-14 authentic jerseys with 3-4 different manufacturers.

Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts, Associates of Arts in Graphic Design, Bachelor of Arts in Studio Arts with emphasis in Illustration. My dream would be, of course, to work for the Dallas Cowboys organization possibly for their marketing and design team. The Dallas Cowboys annual bluebooks and game programs have always interested me.