Dallas Cowboys/Irvin blue apex jersey

Question
I have the opportunity to purchase what is said to be a game worn Micheal Irvin Apex jersey.  My question is, when did they wear the Dark Blue ones and other than wear and tear, how could I tell? anything on the tag?  Also if you know where I can view pics of those games to compare.
I think it's awesome that you do this and GO COWBOYS!!!

Answer
Hi Joseph,

To answer your question, Apex One officially outfitted the Dallas Cowboys for the 1993, 1994, and parts of the 1995 season.  While off the top of my head, in that span of 2-3 years, I believe the team only wore their blue jerseys occasionally when playing against the Cardinals, Redskins, and Eagles.  Now I do know that they only wore the Navy "Double-Star" jerseys twice in the 1995 regular season and that was for away games at Washington and Philadelphia.

Other than I believe one or two games in 1998, Michael Irvin usually always wore a jersey with loose sleeves.  I could be wrong, but I also believe the team started tagging jerseys with the year in 1994 and started tagging the year and size around 1996-97.  The best site I use for any sort of reference in regards to Dallas Cowboys uniforms is Getty Images.  While some of their photos aren't dated correctly, I believe for the most part they are relatively accurate.  

So basically, while I can't tell you if it was game worn or even authentic (especially without a photo) I can tell you some things to look for.  This is of course assuming we are talking about the Cowboys former standard navy jersey with white/gray/white stripes and numbers.

- The Irvin jersey in question should have loose sleeves, much like how Aikman wore his.
- If it has an Apex One logo on the sleeves, it is from the 1993 or 1994 seasons (with a slim chance of it being the 1995 Preseason)
- If it has the NFL 75th anniversary patch on the left breast, it is from the 1994 season
- Irvin was 6'2 and about 205 lbs, so I'd imagine he'd probably wear a size 44, 46, or 48 jersey.
- As far as wear and tear, I don't recall seeing him with a jersey with a lot of damage to it like Emmitt's would have.  Quite possibly with some stick marks to the shoulders where the numbers would be.

I hope that helps and remember, when comparing the jersey to photos, be very very thorough.  Look at the numbers and how thick they are.  Look at the name plate font.  Small stuff that may go unnoticed.  Good luck and thanks for asking!!

Duke
DukeQHa@gmail.com  

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha