Dallas Cowboys/aprox value of a dallas jersey

dallas jersey
dallas jersey  

jersey 5
jersey 5  
hi, I have a dallas cowboys tony dorsett 75th anniversary numbers and name are sewn on ha the Nfl shield on the neck coller and the cowboys patch under the nfl shield and it has a 1994 patch on the bottom under a patch that says throwback its 100% poloyester its a heavy duty and made by Mitchell and ness I think it is a thanksgiving day jersey can u tell me a value on this item please

1995 Navy "Double-Star"
1995 Navy "Double-Star  
Hi Lori,

Sorry for the delay as I was debating about replying because before you submit a question, there was a disclaimer stating that I no longer answer questions about value of items because it really is subjective.  But since you were kind enough to send a picture so I have a visual I will attempt to help as best I can.  There are no books or guides (other than cards) that tell you how much memorabilia is worth.  It really is how much you're willing to part with it to be honest.  The best way I always tell people to determine a "ballpark" range is check eBay for similar items, the rarity of of your item (certain player, certain style of jersey, signature if applicable) and go from there.

Now having said all that, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what you have is a fake jersey and here is why.

1.) The "Double-Star" jersey was introduced in the 1994 season and officially worn on-field on Thanksgiving Day that year.  The white version was worn in 1994 and the navy, which you own, was worn for only two games in 1995.  Tony Dorsett retired after the 1988 season so there was no way he could've worn this style of jersey.

2.) This jersey was brought back for Thanksgiving during the 2001, 2002, and 2003 seasons.  The only player that wore #33 during those three seasons was Jason Bell.

3.) Did you check the Mitchell and Ness website?  Not sure if you know this, but Mitchell and Ness is a officially licensed company for the NFL in making throwbacks and nostalgia pieces for various teams.  If this was not listed on their website at any point in time (which it shouldn't have been - see answer #1), then it is not an official Mitchell and Ness item despite what the lower "jocktag" states.

4.) There other subtle things I see about the jersey that draw red flags.  Several to name, but most notably the Cowboys chest crest in the middle.  The "Cowboys" word mark should align with the edges of the star, not protruding past it.  

Again, sorry for the bad news Lori and I hope I helped some.  I've seen a ton of these types of jerseys on eBay and if you look yourself, they usually go for $50-$100.  Real authentic jerseys would go for much more, especially if its a jersey that hasn't been worn on the field in nearly 12 years.  

I am enclosing a picture so you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks for asking!!

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha

I have extensive knowledge of the 1990's-Present Dallas Cowboys teams. Specifically, team uniforms, equipment, and so forth. I own numerous Cowboys memorabilia and would love to one day write a book on the evolution of the team's uniforms dating back to their inception in 1960. I may not be able to answer most Cowboys questions prior to the 1990's as I was but a youth at the time :-).

I try and make annual trips to see the Dallas Cowboys every season as my parents live about 15 minutes from Cowboys Stadium in the city of Mansfield, Texas. I have a library of various Dallas Cowboy books, football cards, player photos, DVD's and VHS tapes and have also recorded nearly all games from 1998-2007. I am also an artist, so most of my collections such as cards, photos, or memorabilia are not for value, but rather for reference. I appreciate the visual aesthetics of the Dallas Cowboys and the game of football. As a hobby, I occasionally customize and paint McFarlane Dallas Cowboy figures to near exact detail as their live counterparts. I also own several game used items, autographs, and roughly 12-14 authentic jerseys with 3-4 different manufacturers.

Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts, Associates of Arts in Graphic Design, Bachelor of Arts in Studio Arts with emphasis in Illustration. My dream would be, of course, to work for the Dallas Cowboys organization possibly for their marketing and design team. The Dallas Cowboys annual bluebooks and game programs have always interested me.