Dallas Cowboys/1993 Emmitt Smith game worn jersey

Question
jersey
jersey  

jersey
jersey  
I bought an Emmitt Smith signed and game worn jersey from the 1993 season. It is authentic Proline, Created Exclusively for the Dallas Cowboys by Apex. Officially licensed product 1993 L (46-48) made in USA.Could you tell me if this authentic? Also if it is about what is it worth?

Answer
1993 Emmitt Smith dark jersey
1993 Emmitt Smith dark  
Hi John,

Thank you for the photos!! I'm not exactly sure what you mean by if it's authentic but if you meant was it "game issued/worn", then judging by the two pictures you provided, I would say no. While it was made by Apex One (which of course was the official manufacturer for the team in 1993-1995) and the style of the jersey does match what the Cowboys wore during the 1993 season, there are two things that tell me right off the bat that the jersey you possess was not worn by Emmitt Smith himself.

1.) from your photo I cannot see the jock tag, but if what you said is true that it states a size "L (46-48), then that means it is probably a jersey sold directly to thto public and not one issued to the players because game worn or issued jerseys usually have just a numbered sizing (I.e. 44, 46, 48). If it has the NFL shield on the V-neck collar, it still is an authentic jersey (made with mostly the same materials used on the field) but game worn/issued jerseys are usually tailored towards a specific players preferences.

2.) the numbers were a dead give away to me. If you look closely at the inside of the number "2" in Emmitt's 22, it tapers at places that it shouldn't. The Cowboys numbers from that era, at least from every photo I've ever seen, have all right angles.

If you google "Emmitt Smith 1993" you can see various pictures of him during that season wearing the dark jersey. I found this particular image of one that was up for auction and was probably worn by him during a rainy night game in Philadelphia because it had sewn-in pockets for the jersey.

As far as worth, as I stated in my profile, I have no idea since I am not an appraiser. Just depends on how much you want to part with it or how much someone is willing to give something for it.

Hope that helps and thank you asking!!

-Duke
DukeQHa@gmail.com

Dallas Cowboys

Duke Ha