Ashley wrote at 2011-01-02 22:38:34
hi mate i have had it for about 5 years i played darts everyday without fail , but i suddenly went up to the dartboard and i couldent let go, it was really bringing me down. but the other post that is on here sounds like a good solution im 15 now and really want to start getting there because ill be honest i was a good player when i was about 9 and then when i was about 10 i got the dartitus. just remember the name ashley mason. you never know you might see me on skysports one day haha.

pezed wrote at 2013-06-18 13:11:01
Hi. Had dartitis before, got over it, and now getting over it again three years later!  It is all in the mind, a mental problem with a physical manifestation, and if anybody says it is merely a physical problem, they are very wrong. The cure can be very simple, try saying to yourself in your head, or even aloud, ''Throw'' just as you propel your arm forward. Worked for me first time around. Pretty soon you can omit the prompt. Not so easy this time though! Three months down the line and just about getting over it, aided by much practise, (like every day,) and some hardcore hypnotherapy. Like I said, the problem is in the mind, so therefore the cure is too. Good luck, it's a real bummmer when you have it!

Dr Darts

I can answer general queries ref the history of darts. I can give advice about equipment etc.

I am an experienced darts player in England with many trophies (but not at National level)