Enlightened wrote at 2009-06-19 15:57:07
The most important clauses in the BDO Rules are "Adequately lit" and "but extreme care is needed to prevent the introduction of unwanted ’shadows’ on the dartboard during play."

For adequate lighting that effectively eliminates shadows during play, see The Circumluminator at This innovative, attractive and easy to install  product enables you to see the dartboard in a whole new light by surrounding the board the board with light.

Enlightened wrote at 2009-06-24 15:23:18
There is a easily installed and attractive light fixture purpose built for Dartboard illumination which eliminates shadows around thrown darts by surrounding the board with light. It is called the Circumluminator. You can learn more about The Circumluminator at

Nuvolux wrote at 2013-09-27 14:26:27
The Circumluminator is n attractive, easy to install dartboard light that provides uniform, shadow-free dartboard illumination

Dr Darts

I can answer general queries ref the history of darts. I can give advice about equipment etc.

I am an experienced darts player in England with many trophies (but not at National level)