Data Management & Storage/system restore

I got a question I have a SSD for boot and HDD for storage. I might have to do a system restore on my desktop. I am worried that if I do my computer will not know which drive to restore information to. How do I make sure that only the major important programs are restored in the SSD and pic/music/games/doc are restored into the HDD? I am worried that it will try to put everything into the HDD, since it has more storage. When I check out the data from where I backed up... it does not show me which files belong to which drives. I have the SSD as drive C and my HDD as my E Drive.

If you are referring to a Windows System Restore from a restore point, basically that just replaces the Registry with a copy identified as the restore point. If you are talking about a restore to factory defaults, it will only restore the Boot (C Drive).

Hope this helps,

Data Management & Storage

I have been an IT professional for over 16 years. During that time I have accumulated a large store of knowledge and experience. This allows me to assist with a large variety of technology issues. My specialty is Database design primarily with MS Access. However, I can answer questions on many different IT related topics.

I have worked in IT support for over 16 years. I have also helped people in cyberspace for a good portion of that time. I have been a volunteer staffer on Prodigy and AOL. I was the #2 ranked expert at (#1 in Technology) and am currently ranked at or near the top at and