Dating at Midlife/Can I ask him out?

Question
I am in our local rotary & we have an event next month. I've got 2 tickets ( all the members had to buy 2). I know a man very slightly as we have mutual friends. I know he's single & have actually seen him on online dating sites. Would it be ok for me to ask him to come? I was thinking of asking one of my male friends (also rotary and married) to ask him. We're both in our 50's. What do you think?

Answer
Hi Carol, I think it's a great idea! I know men and women shy away from asking people anything for fear of rejection. I also know that if you're brave enough it can lead to great friendships or more. If you're not brave enough than it's okay also to have a male friend invite him. I would try the face to face tactic myself and would totally understand if you opt for the friend way to go. Good luck!  

Dating at Midlife

Lauren Stevens