Dating at Midlife/Senior Dating Commitment Phobia?

Anastasia wrote at 2015-06-12 19:07:02
I am in exactly the same situation, except I am now seven years into the 'relationship' with my now 64 year old boyfriend.  Everything you have written has been my journey, and I have had to come to the place of acceptance and gone no contact because it has left me feeling very wounded.  I am 52 years old and I am moving forward to heal and accept that love (to me) really requires the willingness to take the risk with loving someone.  

I am sorry that your partner does not wish to commit to you in marriage.  I cannot tell you what I think you should do because it has taken me from year two to year seven to finally let go.  All I can say is be true to yourself and if you know in your heart you cannot accept the situation of a lack of commitment then consider what to do next.  That kind of choice is not an easy one, nor necessarily a quick one.  I wish you well on your journey.

Dating at Midlife

April Braswell - Dating Expert

Can certainly address the romantic questions from Boomers looking to date again after divorce or the death of their spouse. Address how dating and courtship principles remain the same, however many of the tactics are different now. How to use social media and online dating sites well which reflect your age and style, not that of your grandchildren.

As seen in Dating for Dummies, 3rd edition. I'm an internationally recognized Dating and Relationship expert, frequently on Radio and serve as "In Touch Weekly"'s go to relationship expert for questions regarding celebrity couple relationships. Additionally recognized for specifically serving the different romantic needs of the Baby Boomer generation, having contributed to such media as Gateway Media, Woman's World, and The Boston Globe.

As seen in Dating for Dummies, 3rd edition.

Smith College, BA Certifications in Influence and Persuasion Mind Body Dynamics Body Language Mastery