Day Trading/ways to loose money in stocks

Question
Besides buying high and selling lower, can you tell me some other ways I can loose money in a stock(s) investment if any?

Answer
Hi Ron,

I apologize for the late response. In addition to buying high and selling lower, you can sell a stock (short sell) that you you don't have. The goal would be to sell and buy lower to make a profit but if the opposite occurred you would be selling low and buying higher and losing money.

Although it wouldn't necessarily be "losing money", there's always opportunity cost. If you had $10,000 invested in a stock and sold it for $10,000.01, you might make a profit of a penny, but you might be losing money by not being invested in alternative investments with a safer, higher, guaranteed rate of return.

Hope this helps!

Day Trading

Mark Hodge