Day Trading/day trading

I am signed up with sharebuilder.  I will sell a stock today and it will give me a notice that the stock sale went through tomorrow.

Is there a platform out there that will give me sell action if not immediately atleast in an hour...

Keep in mind I am just starting out...

Hi Norman,

I have never used Sharebuilder, but to my knowledge it is a basic brokerage option for traders that are more interested in buying and holding.

MOST brokerages will give you notice of shares bought or sold within seconds of a fill, not days. The exception might be with OTC stocks (penny stocks) or something not listed on a major exchange.

If you Google Sharebuilder you can see reviews and see if the pros outweigh the cons, and determine if Sharebuilder is appropriate for your goals as a trader.

Here are a few other brokerages you might take a look at that would give you more timely execution:

Interactive Brokers
TD Ameritrade

Hope this helps!

Day Trading

Mark Hodge

Questions related to technical analysis, strategies, risk, trading plans, trading psychology and money management. Experience in trading all markets and time-frames with expertise in futures (e-minis, currencies, commodities) and equity options. Unfortunately I am not allowed to offer any specific trading advice (i.e. should I go long the E-mini S&P today).

I have been involved in the industry since 1995 working for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and American Express Financial Advisors before becoming a full time trader. As Head Education Coach with Rockwell Trading I have coached hundreds of students around the world to achieve their trading goals with simple strategies, a sound trading plan and proper money management for the leveraged markets.

Currently serving as Rockwell Trading's Head Education Coach and moderator for Rockwell's Student Trading Room where we follow opportunities in the minis, interest rates, currency and grain markets daily.

Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities, "Day Trading With Volatility", June 2010 SFO Magazine, "Home on the Range: Lasso Trades Without Time", August 2010 SFO Magazine, "Day Trading Indicators, Part 1", January 2011 SFO Magazine, "Day Trading Indicators, Part 2", February 2011 SFO Magazine, "Technical Strategy", April 2011 SFO Magazine, "Advanced Trading Techniques - Futures Spread Trading", October 2011 Active Trader, "A Simple Day-Trading Strategy", November 2011 Marketplace Books, How to Trade Commodities: Simple Strategies for Gold and Crude That Traders Can Use in Any Market, June 2011

Formerly licensed as a financial advisor with Series 6, 7, and 63 licenses. B.A. in Organizational Communications with a Business Minor from California State University, Sacramento.

I have worked with institutional traders, brokers, proprietary trading firms and private traders.
One of the few distinguished World Cup Advisors