Deafness/Hearing Impairment/Hearing Problem

After using a headphone with high sound music i got a little hearing problem. even i can't hear the voice in clearly at once when someone talking to me. now i am stopped using headphone. kindly help

Listening to headphones at a loud volume can cause permanent hearing loss.  We are seeing it more and more all the time in young people.  The first thing you should do is have your hearing tested by an audiologist.  They can determine if you have permanent hearing loss or suffered just a temporary loss of hearing.
If the loss is permanent, you can anticipate it will slowly get a little worse in the future...even if you don't use the loud earphones any longer.  There is no cure for permanent hearing loss, only help with the use of hearing aids.

From now on, you want to always protect your ears if you are going to be around loud sounds of any kind.  Wear some type of ear plugs or ear muffs to protect your hearing.

Thank you for your question.  Kelley Linton, Au.D.

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton

I'm an audiologist in private practice in Arkansas. I graduated from the University of Florida medical school. I specialize in hearing loss; hearing rehabilitation; hearing aids; noise induced hearing loss; occupational noise exposure; OSHA guidelines and regulations; hearing protection; tinnitis; newborn hearing testing; children and hearing loss and diagnosis and etiology of hearing loss.

I've been a practicing audiologist for 20 years and have owned a private practice for 14 years. I am also an audiologist in the United States Army where I teach DOD hearing conservation regulations and manage 3000 DOD employees at an army industrial facility.

Arkansas Academy of Audiology American Academy of Audiology Academy of Doctors of Audiology American Speech and Hearing Association National Hearing Conservation Association

Journal of the Academy of Audiology Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas Press Argus Courier, Van Buren, Arkansas

Au.D. - Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida American Academy of Audiology fellow member Audiology Board Certification American Speech and Hearing Association certification Arkansas State Audiology license-current CPT United States Army Medical Corps

American Speech and Hearing Association "ACE" award x 7 years United States Army Accommodation Award Arkansas Academy of Audiology elected board of director x 3 years Better community award, Fort Smith, AR for volunteer audiology service to free community health clinic

Serving newborn to geriatric ages.....unable to provide specific names.