Deafness/Hearing Impairment/One side Deafness

Question
Dear Sir,
my name is Biru  I am 25yr old. i am facing ear deafness from last 7 months.First 3 months i found eye problem means i struggled a lot to concentrate for first 7 to 10 secs. then graduaaly auomaticly i overcomes this problem.  then suddenly  observed  ringing in my right ear.& after 3 months ringing stops & i found my ear is completely in deafness. I had gone to Ent hospital. But they are not sure that Whether my ear is going to cure or not
Now what wll i do. i am facing a lot of problem in listening from 1 ear. please help me how can it will be cured

Answer
Dear Birupakhya,

The symptoms you describe are medical, and more appropriate for an ENT to answer.

In the United States, a drug known as prednisone is sometimes used for sudden deafness.  However, the most important cause of your eye and ear disorders need to be diagnosed before treatment can be accurately prescribed.

There are also hearing aids that send sound from the deaf ear to the good ear, so that you can hear from both sides.  You will need to consult with an audiologist to see if this would be appropriate for you.

Again, the first thing is to get a correct diagnosis of your overall problem.   Perhaps try a different ENT if available, and follow the recommendations.

Depending on the ENT's diagnosis and recommendations, see  a  good audiologist about obtaining a hearing aid which delivers sound from the deaf  side to the hearing side.

I wish you the best of luck,

Sincerely,

Levi A. Reiter, Ph.D.

P.S.  Please rate  this answer

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Levi A. Reiter, Ph.D.