Deafness/Hearing Impairment/ear wax

my left ear has wax stuck in it.i used a q-tip and my wax got stuck.its been like this for about almost a month!i brought debrox ear wax removal drops but it didn't work.i did get that bubbly feeling but my ear wax is still stuck.i have tried the salt and water treatment too.but it didn't help either.and it doesn't hurt but i cant hear as well.but my ear is not totally deaf.and if i go to the doctor it will cost me alot because i don't have insurance.

It can take a few weeks to get wax out if you are doing it yourself and the wax was very impacted, hard and deep.  You can put a little oil in your ear at night (mineral oil, olive oil or tea tree oil) and put a cotton ball in your ear to hold the oil in.  Do this for a few nights to soften the wax and then flush with warm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide.  Half and half solution.

Again, this may take a few attempts to get it all out.  Be gentle when flushing the ear so you don't damage the eardrum. If you are gentle this is a safe method for self cleaning your ears.

Thank you for your question.

Kelley Linton, AuD.

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton

I'm an audiologist in private practice in Arkansas. I graduated from the University of Florida medical school. I specialize in hearing loss; hearing rehabilitation; hearing aids; noise induced hearing loss; occupational noise exposure; OSHA guidelines and regulations; hearing protection; tinnitis; newborn hearing testing; children and hearing loss and diagnosis and etiology of hearing loss.

I've been a practicing audiologist for 20 years and have owned a private practice for 14 years. I am also an audiologist in the United States Army where I teach DOD hearing conservation regulations and manage 3000 DOD employees at an army industrial facility.

Arkansas Academy of Audiology American Academy of Audiology Academy of Doctors of Audiology American Speech and Hearing Association National Hearing Conservation Association

Journal of the Academy of Audiology Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas Press Argus Courier, Van Buren, Arkansas

Au.D. - Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida American Academy of Audiology fellow member Audiology Board Certification American Speech and Hearing Association certification Arkansas State Audiology license-current CPT United States Army Medical Corps

American Speech and Hearing Association "ACE" award x 7 years United States Army Accommodation Award Arkansas Academy of Audiology elected board of director x 3 years Better community award, Fort Smith, AR for volunteer audiology service to free community health clinic

Serving newborn to geriatric ages.....unable to provide specific names.