Deafness/Hearing Impairment/tinnitus?

Question
Hello Dr. Kelley Linton ,I will try to  give you as many details as possible about my condition.
I am 38 years old ,I am not overweight,I do not smoke,I do not use alcohol,nor drugs.I sport daily,my bp is checked constantly,around 117/75.Immediately after training my bp and heartbeat returns to normal.I had my heart checked on both relaxing and effort by ECG.I have varicose veins on my both legs.I try to have a healthy diet and a healthy life-style.I do not take any medication,only vitamin C as supplement.
I have a constant sound in my left ear.It is not very loud,it is not disturbing me actually.I have it for a very long time,I actually did not noticed it ,I was thinking is normal,up until I read about tinnitus.I know its sound a bit stupid of me  :)
Sometimes I am facing some stressfull situations,and then I fell like headache/pressure in my head..but again,I was thinking thats normal.
Beside this,I have good energy level,I am keeping the same body weight for 9 years now,I have apetite and so on.
According to what you read,does it sound like something very serious condition?Do you think it might be something like an aneurysm or something more serious?
Thank you in advance for your answer.Regards!

Answer
Klaas,

Since you are in good general health and no other problems, it is concerning that you would only have noise (tinnitus) in one ear.  Tinnitus is a symptom of something else happening in the body.  With no other reason for noise in one ear, it might be best to have it evaluated by an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) physician.  They may possibly want to get an MRI to evaluate the integrity of the auditory nerve on the left side and make sure there are no lesions causing the random, one-sided tinnitus.

Thank you for your question.
Kelley Linton, AuD
Doctor of Audiology

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton