Deafness/Hearing Impairment/olopatadine fell in ear possibly

hi!freaking out here!! I am following a course of OLOPATADINE eye drops for allergies. my husband was putting some in my eye and some fell on my ear but he swears it didnt go inside my ear. but I am scared because 4 months i suffered sshearing loss in that ear and have recovered thank God.I am deaf in my other ear.

if indeed some eye drop fell in my ear did it cause harm??

I am not aware if any problems that should cause.  The solution will not get past the eardrum or in to the sensitive areas of the ear which are located behind the eardrum.
That medication is an antihistamine, I believe, and is good for itching and allergy like symptoms.

Ultimately, it is best to ask your pharmacist as they are the experts in medication reactions.

Thank you for your question.  Kelley Linton, AuD

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton

I'm an audiologist in private practice in Arkansas. I graduated from the University of Florida medical school. I specialize in hearing loss; hearing rehabilitation; hearing aids; noise induced hearing loss; occupational noise exposure; OSHA guidelines and regulations; hearing protection; tinnitis; newborn hearing testing; children and hearing loss and diagnosis and etiology of hearing loss.

I've been a practicing audiologist for 20 years and have owned a private practice for 14 years. I am also an audiologist in the United States Army where I teach DOD hearing conservation regulations and manage 3000 DOD employees at an army industrial facility.

Arkansas Academy of Audiology American Academy of Audiology Academy of Doctors of Audiology American Speech and Hearing Association National Hearing Conservation Association

Journal of the Academy of Audiology Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas Press Argus Courier, Van Buren, Arkansas

Au.D. - Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida American Academy of Audiology fellow member Audiology Board Certification American Speech and Hearing Association certification Arkansas State Audiology license-current CPT United States Army Medical Corps

American Speech and Hearing Association "ACE" award x 7 years United States Army Accommodation Award Arkansas Academy of Audiology elected board of director x 3 years Better community award, Fort Smith, AR for volunteer audiology service to free community health clinic

Serving newborn to geriatric ages.....unable to provide specific names.