Deafness/Hearing Impairment/Hello

Question
I had a flu like 2 weeks ago and my ears got clogged some sort of fullness feeling and hearing loss I went to the hospital and they subscribed me antibiotics cause they said I had otitis media and this was last monday and it's been the same can't really hear and feel the fullness in each ear also have read an article about a person who lost their hearing simply from a cold and I'm really scare that my hearing have been lost from having the cold, could that be possible?

Answer
Otitis Media is very common with the flu and flu-like illnesses.  It is often one of the last things to resolve and may take a couple of rounds of medication to clear it up.  The good news is, the hearing loss is almost always temporary and rarely permanent.  
If you are worried that you might have permanent hearing loss then you have to get your hearing tested by a professional, usually a doctor of audiology. They are the hearing experts and will tell you exactly what is causing your hearing loss and what you need to do about it.  That is the only way to know for sure if there is any permanent hearing loss.

Kelley Linton, AuD
Doctor of Audiology

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton