Deafness/Hearing Impairment/phones and sshl

Question
Hi I have a question . I have one deaf ear and one ear that suffered sudden hearing loss but recovered
. Since then I never speak on the phone with the phone on my ear instead I have the speaker on. I do this even on my mobile . I rarely speak though and mostly text. Today though I was talking on the mob with a friend for about 15 mins  ( in open space - playgrpund) . Was it too long time
?? Of course I was using the speaker away from my ear)please offer some advice on telephone use as iwant to apply for a job that requires phone answering.

Thanks so much

Answer
Anta,

I do not believe that the phone conversation you described should cause any further damage to your hearing.  You have to listen to 85dB or greater for 8 hours or longer before permanent hearing loss occurs. Most phones and musical devices do not reach a volume that would allow you to cause more hearing loss.  

Thank you for your question.
Kelley Linton, AuD
Doctor of Audiology
centerforhearing.net

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton