Deafness/Hearing Impairment/Hearing Issues due to tubes?

Thank you for reading this situation.
I don't know what will matter so if I write everything blatantly, I feel like you can understand.
I'm female, 22 and caucasian. I was told to be born deaf, I honestly could have just had bad hearing or something. I got my tubes in at 2 and they naturally fell out over the years. My  biological father said his first child (boy) was born with ear problems but he didn't tell me what. I have enough scar tissue to do surgery on my right ear but not my left yet. Doctors don't really seem to be concerned or tell me anything more. I produce a good amount of ear wax. My hearing is always foggy. My hearing will sometimes be accompanied with constant light white noise. I will only become aware of this when my ear suddenly eeeeeeh with a loud and long ring that can last 30 seconds to a few minutes. My left ear can unclog, you know like "pop" but it will only last a few seconds until it goes back to the normal muffled. I don't attempt to "pop" the right, it hurts just trying.
Between 2 and 3 years ago I took a plane ride and once I got to my location I was in the worst pain of my life. My ears were just in complete shock. They were ringing, heavy white noise and just massive pain. I never went to the doctor. I was on vacation and all other doctors never showed concern so I didn't want to waste time.  
I don't really get infections, but my ears are constantly affecting my life. When I sleep on one side for a good amount of time during the night, my ear will be painful that day.
If you're able to help me understand what's going on, I'd really appreciate it. If not, no worries. Thank you!

Well the good news is, nearly everything you have described is going to be related to middle ear pathology and pressure fluctuations in the middle ear.  These are not serious and do not typically cause permanent hearing loss.  
These conditions are brought on by allergies, ear infections, sinus problems, pressure changes (like flying) and can be very painful until the middle ear pressure returns to normal.  This can take several days.  If the pressure remains off, your ear will try to "pop" itself to stabilize.  Sometimes over the counter decongestants and/or antihistamines will also help relieve the pressure issues in the middle ear.  

Ultimately, if you feel your hearing is suffering permanent damage, a diagnostic hearing test by an audiologist is the only way to confirm that.  

Thank you for your question.
Kelley Linton, AuD
Doctor of Audiology  

Deafness/Hearing Impairment

Dr. Kelley Linton

I'm an audiologist in private practice in Arkansas. I graduated from the University of Florida medical school. I specialize in hearing loss; hearing rehabilitation; hearing aids; noise induced hearing loss; occupational noise exposure; OSHA guidelines and regulations; hearing protection; tinnitis; newborn hearing testing; children and hearing loss and diagnosis and etiology of hearing loss.

I've been a practicing audiologist for 20 years and have owned a private practice for 14 years. I am also an audiologist in the United States Army where I teach DOD hearing conservation regulations and manage 3000 DOD employees at an army industrial facility.

Arkansas Academy of Audiology American Academy of Audiology Academy of Doctors of Audiology American Speech and Hearing Association National Hearing Conservation Association

Journal of the Academy of Audiology Southwest Times Record, Fort Smith, Arkansas Press Argus Courier, Van Buren, Arkansas

Au.D. - Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida American Academy of Audiology fellow member Audiology Board Certification American Speech and Hearing Association certification Arkansas State Audiology license-current CPT United States Army Medical Corps

American Speech and Hearing Association "ACE" award x 7 years United States Army Accommodation Award Arkansas Academy of Audiology elected board of director x 3 years Better community award, Fort Smith, AR for volunteer audiology service to free community health clinic

Serving newborn to geriatric ages.....unable to provide specific names.