How to Deal with Bullies/Bullying/bullying

Question
Hi I'm in year 9 and I have a very unfortunate surname. It's birdseye as in the frozen food. Since year seven loads of the people in my form call me it I have told them to stop and spoke to teachers but none of them understand and it hasn't stopped. Is this bullying or am I being paranoid? What shall I do? Thank you very much, if u cant answer my question then don't worry, but please try!!!!!!!!

Answer
Hello Grace,

Yes, this is a form of bullying.  You have vocalized to the people in your form not to call you "birdseye" and they continue showing no respect or regard to your feelings.  You have taken the first step by speaking to teachers; however, it hasn't done any good.  Therefore, I would go to a higher authority.  I would talk to the Principal and tell him/her that you have taken the correct steps by speaking to the teacher and this name calling has continued.  Also, please tell the Principal you don't appreciate this and want it to be stopped.  Be respectful, but stern!

Let me know how this turns out for you!

Please rate my response.

Kind regards,

Marlene  

How to Deal with Bullies/Bullying

Marlene McDaniel