How to Deal with Jealousy/How to Make One Jealous/Single on Facebook

I live with my fiancée in a house she bought before we started dating. We are buying a house together that we will move into in early January. We will be getting married in December.

She is about to list her house for sale. In hopes to avoid paying a realtor's commission, she posted pictures of the house on Facebook and announced that she hopes to sell it. Many of her friends don't know that she is even dating, much less that she is getting married. One of these friends asked her why she is selling her house. Her reply was "Jackie it is just too much for me. As a single woman. A big yard, a pool, a whole house. I need something smaller and more manageable, like a town house thingy. I don't know what I was thinking but it stresses me out; I am driven near to tears when the tiniest thing goes was silly for me to think I could do that house by myself."

I told her that I was offended by what she wrote. It seems like she's trying to send a message to her 900+ Facebook friends, or at least certain ones of them, that she is available. She says she meant that she was single when she bought the house. She has an English degree; she understands that the question was asked in the present tense. Her answer was written in the present tense. I say that she owes me an apology. What do you think?

Her explanation sounds satisfactory. Please don't waste any more time analyzing why she used present v past tense. Sometimes we don't express ourselves correctly. Just let it go. She is your fiance and the less time you spend analyzing her Facebook message, the better off you will be.

How to Deal with Jealousy/How to Make One Jealous

I can answer questions regarding how to deal with one's own jealousy and how to deal with the jealosy of the partner / lover and how you can liberate yourself from this destructive emotion. Learn more about me and my work at

I overcome serious jealousy issues with conscious work and effort, and that was a very liberating experience. I also helped several people to abandon their jealous behavior and line of thinking.

M.A. in Philosophy