How to Deal with Jealousy/How to Make One Jealous/Jealous of my boyfriend?

Question
I'm 20 years old and I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for the past year. The only problem is that I have horrible jealousy issues. He got his license first, I threw a fit because he can drive and I can't (I can, it's just my parents don't trust me with the car yet). He got a job, I threw a fit. He got an iphone, I threw a fit. He gets a promotion and work, I throw a fit. Like honestly it seems like anything good that happens to him, I get jealous about. I obviously have some sort of problem, and I need to fix it. I'm jealous of my boyfriend. I'm always thinking he's trying to brag to me or one up me because I'm not doing as good as him. I don't know but if you could help me that'd be great because my boyfriend and I are on the verge of breaking up :\ thanks so much.

Answer
Hello, Maria. A relationship should never be about comparing and competing with each other but it should be about helping each other do better. Otherwise, what's the point? If your boyfriend feels the need to rub  in your face that he has things that you don't, or that he does things that you don't, then he might have issue in a maturity/confidence department. This is not uncommon at this age, but he is the one who might need some help and guidance. Perhaps if he stops inciting you to compete and compare, then it will stop mattering to you as well.

Thanks

PH  

How to Deal with Jealousy/How to Make One Jealous

PracticalHappiness.com