How to Deal With Relationships in the Workplace/getting the silent treatment

Question
there's a coworker of mine that I've become attracted to. I've asked her out twice and got flaky responses from her both times. I asked her flat out if she was interested in me. She said no.

We continued to remain amicable. The next day she was doing something at work that would have gotten her into trouble had the boss noticed her. The bosses came by and luckily did not see what she was doing.

I asked her to stop what she was doing since because, while I'm not her superior, I was in a position at that time where I had to enforce certain rules. She laughed as if I wasn't being serious. Then I told her that if she did not stop I would notify the boss of what she was doing. She abruptly got up stormed out of the room and has been giving me the silent treatment ever since. What do you think I should do?

Answer
Hi Michael,

Apologize to the young lady.  Let her know that you were the rule enforcer at that time and what she was doing would have gotten her in trouble had the boss seen it.  Tell her you were looking out for her even though the words you used didn't make it sound that way.

Take care.  I wish you well.

Alice J. Bogert

How to Deal With Relationships in the Workplace

alice bogert