How to Deal with Sex Problems/sexual development

Question
Dear Doug , I have a 3 years old son he is the second child ,and he rubs his penis ( sorry for the word) on the ground  about three or four times a day and each time takes about 15 minuets (of course these numbers are not exact I just mentioned them to get an idea about the action), even some times when we are out in a garden or in my friend's house he embraces me by doing this action  ,that thing started since he was 1 years old I am not sure exactly at first I thought that may be he is suffering from itchiness due to the diaper or that the circumcision was not good I went with him to the pediatrician to check his penis but the doctor assured that every thing is normal ( I mean the penis and the circumcision cause he has no information about this sexual problem )I've read that this is normal but I can't believe it because he is doing it so much even sometimes he uses a toy or a jar or a plastic box and put it on the ground then he lies on it and starts to rub , is this really normal and what should I do about this , by the way when he is busy with kids he does not do this ..  sorry to bother you and I'll appreciate your response , thanks in advanced..
PS:please don't tell me to go and seek help in my city i am living in Saudi Arabia and we don't have such experts in this field , i tried pediatricians but they have no clue about the problem.please if you can't answer this question just give me a hint where to go.  and thank you ,thank you .

Answer
I would discourage him from doing that.  He doesn't need to be doing it at his age.  Prone masturbation is very bad.  You can read more here: http://www.healthystrokes.com.  Of course, he will take up masturbation at puberty, likely with his hand.  But if he keeps doing prone now, he is apt to continue it throughout life.  Better to stop him from it while you still can.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.