How to Deal with Sex Problems/Rash After Sex

Question
Hi there! My boyfriend gets a really bad rash after we have sex almost every time. We're pretty sure it's from grinding because that's the only time he gets it. I shave, so I'm guessing it's the irritation between fluids, sweat & pokey hairs? He said it burns & itches & the skin on his pelvic area is all red & blotchy. I've tried growing out my pubic hair a little bit to see if that helps, which it does a little bit for him...he still gets a rash, but not as bad, but when it gets itchy for ME grown out. It's uncomfortable. i just got a wax kit & am hoping maybe that will help? Do you have any other suggestions of how to solve this problem? (I should make a note that a clit stimulated orgasm is the only kind I've ever been able to get so the grinding is necessary if I'm going to get off). It's really putting a damper on our sex life.

Answer
Hi Shannon,

It sounds like he is having an allergic reaction to something.  Think a little about what he is coming in contact with, excluding you.  Some men are allergic to the the materials that condoms are made out of and have to use lamb skin.   Do you use any shaving cream?  or after shave? Fragrance?

Besides the wax you could try a hair removal cream like Nair.

You can reduce the amount of "grinding" by increasing the foreplay especially the oral.   If he can get you closer to orgasm before entry that may reduce the amount of thrusting.  Also a slight adjustment in the angle of entry may get more clitoral stimulation. Him moving up just an inch or two might help.

You are not alone in needing clitoral stimulation to orgasm,  only about 20% of women are able to orgasm with intercourse alone.

Enjoy,

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Tom Blair