How to Deal with Sex Problems/Female Vulva Anatomy

Question
QUESTION: Hello:

I do not know how much you know about female genital anatomy, but perhaps you can answer my question.  I could not find an expert in female anatomy at this site or area; perhaps I overlooked it. Nevertheless, I came across this picture, and I was surprised that a female could do this with her vulva. If you go to the link below and scroll down a little, you can see what I am curious about.

http://www.alexaporn.com/content/9070f91cab26b6d44bce37b90c660889/15.html

Can all or most females pull the skin of the vulva back to expose what is seen in this picture, vein tissue?  I do not want to offend you or gross you out, but I could not believe what I was seeing.

I thank you for your reply.

ANSWER: That woman is not doing anything out of the ordinary.  That is what the vulva looks like.  All she has done is pull back her labia majora and turned her labia minora somewhat inside out to reveal more.  This would be similar to pulling back your lips to reveal your teeth and gums underneath.  Certainly you could ask experts in the female masturbation category and they would tell you the same.

QUESTION: Hello:

I want to thank you for the reply and comments. I do have a follow-up question.

Is there any reason for a female to do this, pull her skin back?  If she has a medical physical or a pelvic exam, would the doctor pull the vulva back to examine her?

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

P.S.  I did ask a volunteer in the female masturbation section, and she was somewhat "freaked out" about my question. She indicated that my question was not the typical question she would get in that category. I explained to her that I am just curious. That's all. I think she was a little sensitive about the subject matter.

Answer
Mostly it is a porn thing.  Some males want to see the internal genitalia.  That's one way to do that.  I have heard models say they distinguish between ordinary nudity and porn by the inclusion of these "gynecological shots."  The doctor obviously has to open the external genitalia to see the internal genitalia.  He or she uses a device called a speculum for this purpose.  (Speculum is the Latin word for mirror.)

Now you know where to ask!

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.