How to Deal with Sex Problems/urology appointment

Question
What happens at a urology appointment?  Will I have to get naked?  Will the doctor look at my junk?  Will I be asked if I masturbate?

Answer
You only have a urology appointment if your regular doctor has diagnosed something wrong or possibly wrong with you in the urogenital area.  So you ought to have an idea what the exam will involve if you're going to have one.  Whatever your doctor did in that area at the earlier appointment, the urologist will too.  So you should expect that you will have to get naked or at least remove your pants.  The urologist will probably examine your genitals, depending on what the situation is.  Whatever it is, the urologist has seen male private parts before.

You may be asked what your sexual experience is or if you masturbate.  Not only that, you might even be asked to masturbate in the doctor's bathroom if they need a semen analysis.  But don't worry about it.  You won't be the first male who's masturbated there.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.