How to Deal with Sex Problems/will i lose it

Hi  i am a 55 yr old male and have a question about losing the ability of getting an erection. I know guys my age will have this problem, but i am wondering if i am speeding up this by the lack of sex. I haven't had real sex (lntercourse) in almost 4 years . My sex has been an occasional oral stimulation or handjob,that the frequency i could count on my hands over this time. I masterbate but not that often. I notice lately that my erections are that hard even when i masterbate. I still get the nitetime erections while i sleep,they are still solid when i wake,but not as many as i use to have. Am i growing impotent by not using my tool?

It certainly won't hurt anything to have frequent, regular erections.  It's good exercise for your penis to fill with blood, ejaculate, and then drain.  Your doctor would certainly give you an erection pill like Viagra if you asked.  But it would be a good idea to engage in frequent masturbation while waiting for your next intercourse.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I can answer questions in any area of sexuality.

I have been an AllExperts expert in seven other sex categories for over four years and have answered thousands of questions. I have also run a web site,, for over 13 years and have answered countless thousands of questions on that site. specializes in help for men with sexual dysfunctions.

I have a Ph.D. from one of the leading research institutions in the world in a field unrelated to sexuality.

I have helped thousands of people over the Internet directly, and millions have read my writings on the web.