How to Deal with Sex Problems/No sex?

Question
Tom
I am 55. In god general health, but taking medications for depression and hypertension. In the last few years my desire fpr sex has doiminished to almost nothing. I hardlt turn my head to look at a gals well turned body anymore. When I was in my 20's and 30's I was a sex maniac!
Is this normal? My wife is fine without it-she was neve had much desire to begin with. I am actually thankfull for this, as I know some men would be divorced fpor their lack of 'performance'.
Should I consider Viagra? Or just be fat and happy and getting old like I am now?
BTW I am exercising and eating better and looking better, but by no means a stud.
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Tom,

Viagra is good for erectile Dysfunction.  You sound more like a low testosterone issue.  Low T will cause a loss of desire.  I suggest you see a doctor and have your testosterone levels looked at.  The normal range is from about 300 to about 1200 ng/dl.   You want something in the 600 range.  There are medications to help and some over the counter supplements.  DHEA has shown some good results for an over the counter supplement.

Good luck,  

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Tom Blair