How to Deal with Sex Problems/Low sex drive

I am a 24 year old female who has been in a relationship for 5.5 years. I have been on birth control pills for about 2 years. This last year i have had zero sex drive. I never tell my boyfriend no but it upsets him that im not engaged in it and excited. It probably makes him feel horrible. He studies over in itly for 4 months from sept to december and even that didnt build up anticiption. I really love him but i feel horrible about this... What is wrong with me? My birth control works well for me so i am apprehensive to switch.

Unfortunately, most birth control methods do lower your sex drive to a certain extent. Sexual urges is nature's reward for us to reproduce, and when you take steps to stop reproducing, nature steps in to "punish" you by taking away the need for sex.
On top of that, many birth control devices target chemistries in your body which, may also influence your sex drive.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Johnny St. Tai

We often ask questions of the unseen and unknown, but most of the times, we're the ones that hold the key. I'm a counselor in family/sexual relationship, anger management, and self help, and have been for upward of ten years. I'm here to help you see the blind-spots that you've missed, and guide you toward the light. I'll research your problem/s/ and maybe even offer phone counseling if you so desire. Don't ask me about future, I haven't bought my crystal, haha. Don't ask me medical questions, without examining your medical history and person, I cannot answer such- best to seek out a local professional to be safe. Sex is a wonderful thing, so let us try to make it so.

Ten years of professional and voluntary counseling works have shown me much. I have walked with many others through various issues, some obvious and simple, some nearly impossible to imagine.

Richmond Chimo Crisis Center

Interpersonal/Social Relation Specialist, University of British Colombia Socialwork, 2005.

Over 500.