How to Deal with Sex Problems/Loss of Sexual Appetite

Question
Hi Dr. Adams,

I am a twenty-one year old heterosexual male who went through a tumultuous breakup around November of last year. After the breakup I had sex with a few different women, but more recently have experienced a loss of sexual appetite. Are these experiences in line with asexual inclinations or am I more likely depressed? I have noted that I no longer have an interest in topics that once captivated me. At times I experience tremendous mood swings and suicidal thoughts, and often overeat as a means of coping with stress. Prior to the aforesaid relationship I had sex regularly but remained celibate for roughly two-years prior to the breakup.

Fady

Answer
By having sex, you are proving that you're not asexual.  Instead of mere sex, I think you want a relationship.  I suggest that you keep working on finding a new relationship.  Being in a relationship with someone you want will do more than anything else to help fuel your sexual appetite.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.