How to Deal with Sex Problems/bleeding during sex

Question
QUESTION: hello, I am 25 female

can you tell me what are some things that would cause me to bleed during sex.

yes we use lube, yes we do a lot of foreplay. there is no pain whatsoever.

yet afterwards I am bleeding pretty heavily. but the bleeding only lasts for a short while.

except, this happens during EVERY INTERCOURSE.. it also happens if I use my toys..
I went to the doctor the first time it happened, and she told me to use extra lube.

Please advise?

ANSWER: The doctor doesn't seem to be especially worried about it.  It is not unusual for there to be some bleeding, but it shouldn't be described as heavy and it shouldn't happen every time.  Have you tried using condoms?  It will be less fun, but examining the used condom could help you pinpoint where exactly the blood is coming from.

QUESTION: Yes, the blood is near the end of the condom

Answer
Do you mean the tip?  I'm not a doctor, but that would correspond to the cervix.  If you only discussed this with a regular doctor, I would suggest going to a gynecologist and discussing this with her and getting a pelvic exam.  There should not be a lot of blood or regular bleeding.  It is a good thing that there is no pain.

It might also be an idea to stay away from your toys for a few weeks and see if the bleeding persists during intercourse.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.