How to Deal with Sex Problems/Mental blockage

Over 12 years ago after having my 2nd child and 2nd C-Section, my ex-husband and I was having sex, I was on top, which had always been my favorite position. I had gained a lot of weight from pregnancy and while I was on top he made me stop and said he couldn't have sex with me because my stomach was disgusting to look at and turned him off. I have been divorced from him for 10 years, yet it doesn't matter that I have lost most of the weight (still have pouch from my surgeries and some excess skin)or that another man may love me and finds me attractive, when I get on top, I instantly freeze up and it is like I completely forget what I am doing and want to instantly move from that position. It affects my sex life. Is there something I can do to get past this?

I suggest you seek professional help for this issue.  You are letting your hurtful ex-husband have too much influence over how you perceive yourself.  You might also talk to the current man in your life who finds you attractive about it.  Don't let one bad day 12 years ago ruin your favorite sex position.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I can answer questions in any area of sexuality.

I have been an AllExperts expert in seven other sex categories for over four years and have answered thousands of questions. I have also run a web site,, for over 13 years and have answered countless thousands of questions on that site. specializes in help for men with sexual dysfunctions.

I have a Ph.D. from one of the leading research institutions in the world in a field unrelated to sexuality.

I have helped thousands of people over the Internet directly, and millions have read my writings on the web.