How to Deal with Sex Problems/Period

I am getting ready to start and my boyfriend and I were having sex. I started bleeding and the next day it quit. Does this mean I'm getting ready to start? He wasn't going hard or anything.

If you are close to getting your first period, then you should not be having sex without protection.  You could start ovulating anytime and you wouldn't even know it.  Please consider the consequences of sex, including pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases before you engage in it.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I can answer questions in any area of sexuality.

I have been an AllExperts expert in seven other sex categories for over four years and have answered thousands of questions. I have also run a web site,, for over 13 years and have answered countless thousands of questions on that site. specializes in help for men with sexual dysfunctions.

I have a Ph.D. from one of the leading research institutions in the world in a field unrelated to sexuality.

I have helped thousands of people over the Internet directly, and millions have read my writings on the web.