How to Deal with Sex Problems/Benzocaine

Hi I'm 24 and healthy I've never had erection problems until a couple months back I used a delay spray containing benzocaine since then I've been unable to get a proper erection and still feel less sensitive. The spray was only 7.5% benzocaine and I only applied 5 sprays as it stated no more than 8 I was wondering if everything would return to normal as these sprays are supposed to be considered safe to use.

That should not affect you for more than a few hours.  Benzocaine is the same anesthetic that you can buy to put on a toothache.  It wears off in a few hours.  Just don't use the spray anymore and you should be just fine.  Find other ways to deal with your premature ejaculation.

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I can answer questions in any area of sexuality.

I have been an AllExperts expert in seven other sex categories for over four years and have answered thousands of questions. I have also run a web site,, for over 13 years and have answered countless thousands of questions on that site. specializes in help for men with sexual dysfunctions.

I have a Ph.D. from one of the leading research institutions in the world in a field unrelated to sexuality.

I have helped thousands of people over the Internet directly, and millions have read my writings on the web.