How to Deal with Sex Problems/Penis skin

Question
QUESTION: My boyfriend and I are busy people and don't get to meet often we are both in our early 30s. When we do, we have alot of fun, however, he is very sensitive down there. It doesn't take much stimulation before the head becomes blotchy red, and the skin just below the head of the penis begins to become red, and start to crack - as in the skin splits in vertical lines all around the skin just below the head. If I am not gentle, I can cause him alot of pain, and it will bleed. He says it has happened since he was a kid, but he refuses to get it checked out by a doctor as it is too embarressing. Instead, when he masterbates or has rough sex he is out of commission for about 2 weeks, which make neither he nor I happy... I wish I could show you a picture, but I have none. but from my description, could you think of what it may be that causes this? We do not use any lube or products, also...

ANSWER: It would help if he could keep his penile head (glans) lubricated more often, even when he's not having sex or masturbating.  Applying a water-based lube to the head a few times a day would help his glans avoid that condition.  You can learn more about lube here: http://www.healthystrokes.com/lube.html.

It would also be a good idea to use lubricant during sex.

QUESTION: That doesn't exactly stop the issue. He had used it in the past, and the condition still happens. I can also assure you, I do not need any lube. I was merely stating it as it is not an allergic condition to anything as far as I can tell (such as a lube). He can even sometimes get it even if not doing any sort of sexual act, such as just over working and friction from clothing. I think it might be an actual condition, but I cannot find any information and was looking towards actually trying to figure out what it is rather than just a quick fix like using lube, which doesn't help...

Answer
My recommendation was that he apply lube to his glans three times a day; not necessarily only for sex and masturbation.  The purpose was to help heal his penis, not because you need extra lubrication for sex.  The alternative would be to use lotion for the same purpose, possibly a medicated lotion.  

How to Deal with Sex Problems

Doug Adams, Ph.D.