Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers/sarcasm and condescending people in workplace

Been there too often to count wrote at 2013-03-16 00:20:16
Hi Sherry,

I completely understand your situation. I work in a very large retail store with more young people than middle age. You and I are expected to rise above the fray but to be honest there is only so much of a person to go around especially if you are overworked, tired, low pay. These kid's can drive you nuts from laughing, goofing off, petty backstabbing plus just disappearing when they should be working. Sometime I think that people like this think their getting away with something I must admit I can be envious of their energy level and ability to recoup so fast. Mostly I think it's poor work ethic. The strongest factor is these are sometimes their first jobs and the attitude of this bus don't stop here is dominate. Some may make it some won't. I try to stay cool, calm and hardworking but heck I'm 62 and doing deli work and at the end of my shift there is nothing left of me. Try to stay calm, overlook things after all these are not adult people. If it's a boss he/she may be in overload. We all have a personal life and it is not always easy to leave it at home. You are a mature woman so am I but we are human. I guess that is why there is so much turnover where I work. Good luck to you. If your not careful it will ruin what could be a good day at my age (bucket list) I don't have much time left why should we let some kid or boss ruin that?? NOT

Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers

Damian Stoupe