Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers/Ambitious Coworker trying to take over my project

Barb wrote at 2009-10-18 15:35:21
Dr. Mac,

I disagree with your answer. I am going through the same problem at my job where I hired someone and he is a suck up to my boss and also to my bosses boss. I even trained him when he came with no knowledge and provided almost 7 to 8 years worth of knowledge. My boss likes him so he supports in whatever he does. I addressed this to my boss and he thinks that I am being suspicious about him. I have also heard him say that "I want to be like him" i.e. me. I have over 20 years of experience in my field and if I have the experience well it is due to all the knowledge I have gained over the years. But, he wants to be like Mike....within a short period of time, and he has framed such a nice nice attitude towards my boss and my bosses boss, that my own boss says that I don't get along with people so that is the reason. And, he has his charm and witiness. He is basically a psycological bully and plays a lot of mental games with me. I try avoiding but still he comes behind me. He will always stalk me by coming to my desk and seeing what I am doing, if not he will pass by my desk as if he was looking for someone when he knows that the person whom he is looking for does not come to my desk. He has played an excellent mind games, that he was able to win the trust of my boss and his boss. Now, I am out of the door quitting my job, and he has been promoted to my position and basically his goal was to get my job.

So, as you had mentioned that someone seeing through this,is not going to happen as if your own boss is behind all these things and how they are playing the you can understand how miserable your life would be.

I cannot say more here, as I know that it may be ready by my own boss or even by this person what I am writing here. How much ever I neglect him/her they would come behind me and go behind me and backstab me.

kinmy wrote at 2013-11-05 03:50:50
I am in this situation now and I've been patient and nice and helpful with the new employee.I found a letter that she wrote to the boss trying to give everyone less hours and a change in our schedule. After weeks of this behavior I lost it.I called her tonight and let her know how I felt.she was for once speechless  

Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers

Greg Giesen, aka Geese