Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers/First supervisor gave out private info.

Co-worker tried to ask for a performance review. Was told by our boss " good luck, I don't have any blank performance reviews. Good luck, the only person top get a raise in the last three years is Chris". Now the new hire is telling co-workers and the anger towards me because of his actions have already started. What do I do now?

You need to report the co-worker's behavior to your direct supervisor or your HR rep. Do not become embroiled in a negative situation by helping to stir the pot. Stay away from the co-worker as much as possible and do not discuss the matter with anyone. Grapevines grow with conversation.

Shannon M. Reising, MSP, PHR

Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers

Shannon M. Reising

FLSA, FMLA, Title VII, EEOC, AAP, ADAA, Workers Compensation, Payroll, HR Development and Training, Industrial/Organizational Psychology. My approach is from a scientific-practitioner perspective. Rather than basing ideology on pure white-paper study, I answer with a baseline of critical thinking seated in my position as an HR professional. I understand both the psychological underpinnings of both employers and employees, and how corporate culture may be interpreted and applied in countless situations.

Over 10 years in HR of both non-profit and for-profit organizations ranging in size of population from 20-500 .

Notary Public, HR Certification Institute, Society of Human Resources Management, NC Coastal Society of Human Resources Management, American Psychological Association

BSBA, MSP, Current Doctoral candidate in I/O Psychology, PHR accredited