Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers/First supervisor gave out private info.

Question
Co-worker tried to ask for a performance review. Was told by our boss " good luck, I don't have any blank performance reviews. Good luck, the only person top get a raise in the last three years is Chris". Now the new hire is telling co-workers and the anger towards me because of his actions have already started. What do I do now?

Answer
You need to report the co-worker's behavior to your direct supervisor or your HR rep. Do not become embroiled in a negative situation by helping to stir the pot. Stay away from the co-worker as much as possible and do not discuss the matter with anyone. Grapevines grow with conversation.

Shannon M. Reising, MSP, PHR

Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers

Shannon M. Reising