Dealing with Crushes/Risky Approach?

Question
My name is Nini, I'm fifteen and I really don't know whether or not it's appropriate to make a move to try to initiate a relationship with my crush (or at least get close to him). To begin,  I am pretty outgoing and downright hilarious around my friends and I would describe myself as a pretty fearless girl. Yet, I'm afraid to approach my crush because of my fear of rejection. I've never actually held a conversation with him but he is constantly sitting near my friend and I. When I walk past him I always see him looking at me and he doesn't try to hide it. Whenever I joke around with my friends he laughs or smiles. I used to think that maybe I was just over calculating things like an average teenager but I notice how he stops walking to turn around and take another look at me or sits at the table nearest to me. It would be easier if he would initiate conversation but he keeps to himself  and I become utterly speechless when I get near him. I know I would have to be the one to approach him but I just don't know its overly risky. What do you think I should do? I really do want to get closer to him.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this. :)

Answer
Hi Nini,

Thank you for posting your question.

Okay, first of all, just don't expect anything at all. Like keep telling yourself that you first want to be his friend and get to know him. In that way, your level of fear will decrease a bit.
And, it is not over risky. You are not going to ask him out right away. You want to be his friend first, so go for it. If the guy is not making the move, probably he is shy. However, you are not. Like you said about yourself, you are an outgoing girl! Hence, the next time you see him, just tell to yourself that you are just going to engage a 2 minute conversation with him and trust me you guys will soon begin to have real conversation just by opening one communication line! :D

Hope it helps!

And Best of luck!

Dealing with Crushes

Saranyah