Dealing with Crushes/Crush on my best friend

I'm a 14 year old girl. I like my best friend. But he has a girlfriend and he is always flirting with me. What does this mean? Does he like me? What should I do?

Dear Ava,

I would suggest not to read too much into the flirting bit. Do you think he flirts with other girls as well? Flirting might not be an apt indication of whether he likes you or not.

Be a friend with me. Be normal. Don't show any interest unless she shows it towards you in ways other than flirting.

It might be a good idea to continue being the way you are now without getting too much into him. May be he already knows that you have a soft corner for him. Wait for him to say something.

Hope this helps.

Dealing with Crushes

I can answer questions related to crushes. I believe I can help teenagers about the problems and difficulties that they have when they get attracted to members of opposite sex. I don't think I will be handle questions on physical relationships and sex.

I am 29 now and I have faced such situations during my teenage and even after that. Based on this, I consider myself adept to be dealing with such situations.

I am an engineering graduate in Computer Science. I have done n M.B.A in Communication Management.