Dealing with Crushes/Crush on my best friend

Question
I'm a 14 year old girl. I like my best friend. But he has a girlfriend and he is always flirting with me. What does this mean? Does he like me? What should I do?

Answer
Dear Ava,

I would suggest not to read too much into the flirting bit. Do you think he flirts with other girls as well? Flirting might not be an apt indication of whether he likes you or not.

Be a friend with me. Be normal. Don't show any interest unless she shows it towards you in ways other than flirting.

It might be a good idea to continue being the way you are now without getting too much into him. May be he already knows that you have a soft corner for him. Wait for him to say something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
rck

Dealing with Crushes

Ricky