Dealing with Depression/Recover

Question
So i have been self harming for a while, and had suicidal thoughts, and it honestly feels like i am going crazy, so today i had this sudden urge og thoughts. Hey i don't want to be like this anymore, and i don't want to live a life of giding an hurting myself, so tonight i threw my blades out my window, along with the pills, and i felt so proud of myself. Im really scared though that this is just a phase and i'll son crash back down, and this thought is driving me mental, please tell me how i can learn to love myself, and prevent self harm and depression winning, i don't want to live a life of pain anymore, and i want to be happy, just please any useful ways of staying this way and not falling back into the trap of self harm and depression. Thank you

Answer
Hi Chloe,

I just received your message.  Well done you for getting to the stage you're at now though, you should be proud of yourself, you're making some positive steps which is excellent.  It is only natural to be worried that you'll have a relapse, but the main thing to do now is focus on the positives.  I would say that what makes a good positive is a distraction, something else to focus yourself and your attention on, interests, sports, anything that will fill your life with something positive and productive.  You need to start re-building your confidence which of course takes time.

Can you tell me what sorts of things you're interested in or like doing?  Perhaps there's something you can get involved in which will bring your focus into place and help to build that confidence.  

Samantha

Dealing with Depression

Samantha Flynn