Dealing with Depression/Depressed son

Question
My son 32 years old education 3rd year college psychology major. He has gambling addiction, married for four years now separated and had a girlfriend now just separated too. Last December he check himself to a behavioral hospital was released after 3 days. When he check in to the hospital he started inflicting injuries to himself. End of December he lost his job as a bar manager at a casino. We are helping him financially while he and his girlfriend did not have a job.  First week of February he found a job and he seem to like it a lot but every time he has fight with the girlfriend he become violent and abusive that is why the are now separated. By the way he is taking zoloft. I spoke to him today and encouraging him to see a psychologist because he sounded very depressed again. I'm very worried don't know what to do or don't know the right thing to say. Please advise thank you.

Answer
Keep encouraging him to see a professional, and an addition counselor will help alot too- seeing how that appears to be the root of his problem.
Be supportive, but pull back slowly where finance is concerned so he doesn't come to lean on you and depend on you forever.

Dealing with Depression

Johnny St. Tai