Dealing with Depression/Former child stars gone bad.

I'm not exactly sure how to ask this question without going into too much detail, but I was wondering if you might have any clues as to why so many former Hollywood child actors have real bad meltdowns in adulthood? Is it because Hollywood forgot about them, is it drugs and alcohal, or what?

Child stars were famous mostly because they were ... children... They were cute...had the look for the part...etc...
So they grow up...they're not cute anymore...they mostly lose whatever fame they had- the road to fame is a cruel and short road...
So now they want their glory back, but can't, cause they can't stay children forever...and if their current lives are not as famous as their childhood one, they start to grow bitter and sad...and depressed...
It's the same thing when a fashion model becomes too old for the work and turns to porn/drug/alcohol.

Dealing with Depression

Johnny St. Tai

It is okay to feel down and out once every so often, as long as you know to reach out for the hands that will pull you back up. I can answer questions about self esteem improvement, relationship with others, depression, and sexuality. I will/cannot give medical advice without an actual examination of the person and his/her medical history, so for those issues, best to find a local specialist/doctor to be safe.

Ten years of professional and volunteer counseling, and volunteering for the Crisis Center. Born of a conflict-laiden family, I've walked through violance, addiction, abuse, and more. I survived, scarred but still strong, and I will do my best to help others do the same.

Richmond Chimo Crisis Center

Interpersonal/Social Relation Specialist, University of British Colombia Socialwork, 2005.

over 500.