Dealing with Depression/I dont know what to do.

Question
I do not know what to do. I am an A+ student in high school and I have a good life, but i have been having severe depression lately. It is to the point where i am considering and planning suicide on a daily basis. Ive attempted suicide before due to similar reasons. I just played it off though so that my parents wouldnt freak out. I have also been getting migraines a lot more frequently. I have medication fir them, but i havent told my doctor what actually causes them. My migraines almost always begin because i hear multiple voices talking throughout my head. I could be in a room completely alone, and there will be several people always screaming or whispering. Im scared to say anything to anyone. I feel crazy....is this normal? Whats happening to me?

Answer
Hi Lindsay,

You are not crazy.  There are medications to help the voices you hear.  You may have
schizophrenia = auditory kind.  That means you hear these things.  Some people have that
along with the visual kind.  The movie "A beautiful mind" is a true story about a professor
who had  visual and auditory.

Researchers are finding when someone gets schizophrenia, depression, getting migraines, etc. that this brain chemistry imbalance can begin early in your teen years.  It has something to do with your
hormones changing during puberty.  It is a true brain chemical imbalance.

A psychiatrist is the best person to see because they are more educated in the correct
medications for you.   

You do need to tell your parents so they can get you the proper care.  You can show them my comments
to you if it will help.

Also, it may be hereditary if you have any relatives that suffer with migraines, depression, schizophrenia, etc.

So, please get help asap because you do not need to be suffering like this.  

Take care,

Dr. Pat

Dealing with Depression

Patricia A. Schafer, Ph.D.