Dealing with Depression/depressed over a small matter

hello ankita,
i was at church for my nieces' first communion. it went very well and i was pround of her. a lot of people were there. i saw a younger lady there, after mass that i was attracted to. as we were leaving church, it was very crowded. the young lady and i were side by side. one moment she was ahead of me, another i went ahead. i think she was a little upset about that, since she looked at me. she then cut in front of me and quickly zig zaged out of the church. i wasn't expecting that. this hurt my pride quite a bit. she was much younger than i, and she showed no respect. it also hurt my ego that she didn't find me intimidating. i'm a fair size guy with a long beard, but that didn't seem to matter to her. i would just like feedback on how to move on and not be down myself. incidents like this seem to keep coming and coming. i wish i knew a good way to deal with them. i'm in from out of town visiting my two nieces nephew and my bother. this particular incident has been ruining my vacation. thanks for your time.

Hello Greg,
Many times it is  nothing but our perceptions which lead to negative thoughts, poor self esteem and depression.
The incidence that you have narrated can be interpreted in many possible ways. It is possible that she might be preoccupied with something or she might be in a bad mood due to something that is completely unrelated to you. Even if she did ignore you , how does that make you a bad person. So stop giving it so much of importance and enjoy your vacation.
Take care.

Dealing with Depression

I can answer questions related to Psychiatry and Psychology like depression, schizophrenia, substance abuse, anxiety, relationship problems,stress related disorder, child and adolescent problems.

i have done M.D.(Psychiatry) & D.P.M. from GMC & Sir J.J.Group of hospitals,Mumbai. During my residency, i have worked in a de-addiction center for one year. After completing post-graduation, I started working in State run regional mental hospital as a psychiatrist and am attached to the hospital since last one and half years.

I have completed M.B.B.S from IGGMC Nagpur.i have completed M.D.(Psychiatry) & D.P.M. from GMC & Sir J.J.Group of hospitals,Mumbai in 2011. I have done the basic training in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.